- The DPU belongs to an internationally recognized community of higher education with a special responsibility to foster and preserve scholarly values; support the search for truth and curiosity led investigation; maintain intellectual integrity; encourage critical appraisal; and to nurture these values in their students.
- The overall commitment and responsibility of DPU to its students is of paramount importance. Likewise, The DPU holds expectations about the responsibilities students have as they pursue their studies within the university environment. The following Charter has been prepared by Students & Staff to outline what students can reasonably expect from the University and the reciprocal obligations of students.
- This Charter is not intended to create any legal rights or obligations, whether contractual or tortious or otherwise, but rather as a philosophical understanding between the University and its students. The expected staff and students to honor the principles of this Charter on a reciprocal basis. Any breach of the obligations referred to in the Charter shall not give rise to any claim for damages or loss (including but not limited to special or consequential loss or damage).
The Student Charter of Dr. D. Y. Patil Dental College & Hospital is a document which outlines the rules and responsibilities of The
Institute’s staff and students.
The charter has been prepared by the Students and Staff.
- The rights and responsibilities of students.
- The responsibilities of staff in the teaching and learning process.
- What students should expect from teaching and assessment at the University
- How research is expected to be conducted and supervised
- How to gain redress for any breaches of academic ethics.